Dependent Visa for AUSTRALIA

If you are married to an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, or have been in a de-facto relationship with one for at least 12 months, you may be eligible for immigration by obtaining a spouse visa to Australia. Your spouse may sponsor you for a period of two years after this, if the relationship is still genuine and continuing, you may be eligible for permanent residence.

“A dependent visa is a type of visa that permits the spouses & kids to travel to an overseas nation for the purpose of accompanying/joining the family member with a corresponding visa”.

The dependent visa is a powerful tool created by countries to help family live together. It allows professionals, students, permanent residents, & others to bring their family that is in a different country to their new home country.

There are two types of dependent visa:

  • Temporary visas for holders of the following visas.
    • Fiancé, work, students, intra company transfer
  • Permanents visas for spouses or children below the age of 18-21 years old.
    • Immigration dependent

Spouse/permanents on temporary dependent visas are allowed limited work rights based on their visa validity in most countries, except the US.

Dependents granted permanent residence visas have the right to live, study & work for as long as they remain permanent residents.