Dependent Visa for UK

The dependent visa category enables the dependents of a person who is a permanent resident or U.K. citizen to apply to join them in the U.K., this type of application typically applies to family & children.

The person who is a permanent resident or U.K. citizen & upon whom the application is based is referred to as the ‘sponsor’.

“A dependent visa is a type of visa that permits the spouses & kids to travel to an overseas nation for the purpose of accompanying/joining the family member with a corresponding visa”.

The dependent visa is a powerful tool created by countries to help family live together. It allows professionals, students, permanent residents, & others to bring their family that is in a different country to their new home country.

There are two types of dependent visa:

  • Temporary visas for holders of the following visas.
    • Fiancé, work, students, intra company transfer
  • Permanents visas for spouses or children below the age of 18-21 years old.
    • Immigration dependent

Spouse/permanents on temporary dependent visas are allowed limited work rights based on their visa validity in most countries, except the US.

Dependents granted permanent residence visas have the right to live, study & work for as long as they remain permanent residents.